Saturday, June 27, 2009

QUANDARY

QUANDARY


My senses are far gone amidst the anguish of my heart
The room was dim;
No light to shine on my face so wet with tears.
No light to cheer up my breaking soul.
No light to remind me that I was indeed in darkness.
Perhaps this moment was destined to challenge my sanity.
Yes, my sanity is on the verge of dropping
My reasons are on the edge of breaking
My senses are on the brink of defeat
I never wanted anyone to share with me the same tragedy
The same dilemma; the same quandary…
My mind wasn’t good at controlling fears.
My heart couldn’t stop those eyes from shedding tears.
I could never have my freedom lest I gave mine.
I could never have my happiness lest I showered mine.
Yes the room was dark but what amazed me was
Every time I tried to switch on the light,
my heart would say yes but the mind would otherwise

Am I to suffer in darkness? Or was my liberation
not in the light?
Should I die wearing a smile or should I live having a sigh?

1 comment:

  1. hi cheska! hapi birthday ha! trinay kong tumawag sa cell mo, mukhang ala na ata yun. bagong number mo na ba? hinanap ko talaga kung paano pa kita makokontak, sana ikaw yung cheska na taga-bulacan na kilala ko, hehehe. hapi birthday sana makita kita ulit - aaron dating kasama at photographer sa mkule

    ReplyDelete

thanks for the comment...:p